Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Waiting...

It's 1:12AM and I'm waiting until my meds settle to go to sleep. I took them over 2 hours ago and they should have settled by now. But nope, they aren't, so here I sit, watching the Treble Clef clock on my wall tick seconds away, though that clock doesn't keep time properly and is telling me it's 11:30...

Today was a busier day than I anticipated it would be. I figured that I would wake up around 11 or so, get going and finish packing, as well as do some housework and go to the chiropractor's. I actually woke up around 10 and took my sweet time getting going and I don't think I was actually functioning well until about 1pm. After then I was all GO. I finished packing as much as possible, then took off to go see the chiropractor's. On the way back I stopped into hubby's store to tape up a box for sending and to grab a few bucks for sending the box out (and for hitting McDonalds later). Once home, I didn't have very much time before I had to head to Claremont for a meeting that began at 6pm, after which I went to McDonalds with a friend. I got home around 9 and showered and then came down here and ever since then I have been sitting here cold and waiting for the time to pass.

I got confirmation today that my ETA (visa) was all set. Blonde me had given them a date of 7/7/87 as my birth date, not 7/17/87. That's because over there in Australia, they would put it as 17/7/87 so I got all confused. I"m just glad I caught the issue before leaving and that they were able to change the records free of charge to me. So that is one less thing I have to worry about tomorrow.

We will leave here at 10:30am now, and go pick up mom, then officially be on our way. I don't feel like this is real and it hasn't really settled in me that in less than (fewer than?) 48 hours I will see my best friend again! I am totally looking forward to the experience and I can't wait to share more with you all!

Wish I could say I had some pictures for you all, but I don't, due to the fact that my card reader is packed away along with the cameras and everything else. But everything is packed well, bags have been weighed, and there's only a couple of things that need to be packed last minute before heading out! I find it hard to believe this is my last night here at home for 6 weeks. But it is for real...really, it is! I am going to miss everything here so much...which is good...because then I'll have a reason to come back!

For now...I'm going to close out and say good night...or good morning, depending on where you are! I will update ASAP tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment